Top 10 Things to Do in Florida
While on assignment in the Sunshine State, don’t forget to plan an unforgettable itinerary!
1. Take a trip to the Everglades. Located at the Southern tip of Florida, the Everglades is one of the most unusual national parks in the country, with more than 1.5 million acres of swamps and sub-tropical jungles. Whether you want to camp, canoe or just walk around, don’t forget the bug spray!
2. Be a kid again at Orlando theme parks and entertainment. Look at all the options: Disney World, Universal Florida, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Sea World, CityWalk, Blue Man Group and Islands of Adventure. You’ll need at least a couple days to fit in all the fun.
3. Live it up in South Beach. A quintessential hot spot, South Beach offers some of the best shopping, beach, restaurants and nightlife in the state. Spend the day relaxing on the beautiful sandy beach, and then head out for a night of dancing and entertainment.
4. Wreck diving in the Florida Keys. Dive into the crystal blue water of the Florida Keys and discover a whole other underwater world. Explore an array of fish, sea life and the remains of old vessels. No experience necessary; just be sure to come with a sense for adventure.
5. Go Fishing. Kick back and let the bait do all the work by spending a perfect day of relaxation with just you, the sea and a fishing pole. Be sure to obtain a fishing license from the state’s visitor center. Also, be sure to ask questions about their fishing policies.
6. Canoeing and kayaking in the Ocala National Forest. Get a taste of the outdoors at the Ocala National Forest, a unique and fascinating destination. Canoeing and kayaking in one of the many springs, streams and lakes are local favorite activities year round.
7. Excursion to the Miami Metrozoo. One of the first free-range zoos in the country, you will get to experience a variety of wild animals, like crocodiles, giraffes and rhinos. The zoo is great for visitors of all ages, so bring the family along.
8. Race at Daytona. Daytona offers so much more than just fun in the sun. Catch one of the many events that have visitors flocking to Daytona Beach every year, including Speedweeks, Firecracker 400 and the Daytona Beach Bike Week.
9. Safari at Busch Gardens. Don’t just be an observer anymore. Get right in on the action and feed the giraffes and pet the antelopes. No where else can you experience animals in a natural setting without buying a ticket to Africa. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the many photo opportunities.
10. Blastoff your assignment at Kennedy Space Center. Explore a place that’s out of this world. The Space Center is celebrating 45 years as NASA’s official launch operations center. Get a taste of history as you explore the launching site of all U.S. human space flight missions.